Undergraduate Programs in Education provide a variety of routes to teacher education. Our successes over the past few years have been adopted as models for courses and delivery methods at other institutions. Others remain unique in the world of teacher education.
- The Reading Institute provides experiences with the latest in reading innovations that are then taken directly to the classrooms by our teacher candidates.
- An on-line faculty advising strategy supports on-site teacher candidates by combining face-to-face preparation for placement with technology-based support while on placement.
- The Professional Program On-Site Delivery (PPOD) provides immersion in school culture through courses offered at an actual school.
- A special program of Outdoor, Ecological, and Experiential Education for students interested in interdisciplinary teaching in the outdoors. Participants in the program earn either a first or second teachable in intermediate-senior environmental science.
- Our Honour Focus seminar and specialty field experience for concurrent students, Education 4000.
- Multiple electives in teaching kindergarten, religious education, process writing, teaching in isolated communities, outdoor education, multicultural education, drama, music, and many others.
Please browse this website for more information on these and other innovative programs.
All the best
Dr. Teresa Socha
Chair, Undergraduate Studies in Education